Gorton House and cottages are in a rural location.
Having your own transport is the best option. We are 9 miles south from Edinburgh city centre. There is plenty of space for parking here.
- Follow City Bypass (A720) To Sheriffhall Roundabout.
- Take exit A7 (south) signed to Galasheils/Hawick.
- Follow A7 through three further roundabouts.
- At fourth roundabout take third exit onto B6392.
- Go straight through the next four roundabouts following signs for Rosewell.
- At the next roundabout take the third exit onto B7003, signed Roslin (Gorton House).
- After 50 metres ‘Gorton House’ driveway is on your right at the first bend.
Edinburgh Airport 20/30 minutes drive.
Edinburgh Waverley 30/40 minutes drive.
Eskbank Station 10 minute drive.
Lothian Buses run services to and from Rosewell.
49 takes a little less than an hour.